Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Singaporean Hospitality

Yesterday I had my second ever massage. On my last visit to Singapore last April, I was Daisy's honoured guest for my first in a lifetime and we have decided that we will make an afternoon of pampering ourselves a tradition. It truly is an extraordinary experience to be painted in ginger and then rolled in a wrap. But the fun really begins when big woman sits on you and starts pounding and stretching trying to make knotty old me into a pliable rubber band. Jane certainly knew how to iron out my tense muscles and I felt very light and relaxed when Daisy & I met after our treatment to have barley tea. It wasn't till I woke up this morning that I felt as though someone had been sitting on my back all night!!! However after warm shower all was well and I am now reaping the benefits of all that stretching.

After our pampering experience, to carry on the tradition ( we did this last time too ) we drove to Daisy & Dick's club where we met up with D&D, wee Jordy and Dick, and after a lovely lunch by the poolside we enjoyed a great swim. This is a wonderful place and will be a great place for wee man to hang out with the family. His cousins love coming here with their Grandparents. It is so well set up for kiddies & grownups to just enjoy the water and to relax. We have made plans to go again on Thursday and David will meet us there after work. Yeahhh!

A big big thankyou to Daisy and Dick for a wonderful day.


No visit to Singapore is complete without a visit to Orchid Road so with very specific instructions from Dora on how to get to the places I wanted to browse around ( I have a reputation for managing to get myself lost ) I left my wee family behind and ventured forth. Now that I am a regular visitor and not just a three day tourist I know which places I want to wonder. Tangs is always a treat and I wish we had a great big HMV store in Dunedin to browse around on a wet weekend. Three floors of music and movies. Alas, I couldn't find my new fav. TV serial Mad Men, but don't think it's released yet. Then off I went to meet Mother & baby who were having their first trip into town by themselves. Dora is into the swing of out & about, no probs and Jordy is a real little cafe boy already. All the fellow shoppers think he's a wee cutie and although we try not to compare with the pushchair crew, cos we know that's not very nice, he really wins hands down everytime.

The shops here are mind boggling, and everything is displayed with artistic flair. I think I'm beginning to work out the layout - remember Dunedin has only two malls and only one has an escalator!!!

1 comment:

Unk Dicko said...

Honestly, I can't wait to see how wee Jordy takes to the water.
When that day comes I will be ready with my camera!