Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jordy is Six Weeks Old Tomorrow

My three week holiday being with wee grandson holiday is drawing to a close.


This is my wee babe a few days after I arrived -


- and here he is now!

How wonderful that I have been able to spend this special time with David, Dora & wee Jordy... watching him grow from a newborne to a little 6 weeker who has been developing his uniqueness day by day. From seeing him first thing in the morn ( not the early early shift thank goodness! ) watching his little playtime gymnastics on the mat, sharing his first "out & about stuff", bath times, and most of all, the cuddles when he gazes at you with the most adorable eyes. The feel of his little body is just magic. He already communicates in his own special way, and not unlike his Mama Maree you can read his facial expressions very easily.

We have had a lovely Saturday together. Jordy watched his first Flight of The Concordes episode and then we headed off to Great World City for the bestest lunch at Bangkok Jam. Thai mango lime salad, chicken green curry and the most delicious pork dish I've ever had. After a walk about the mall David Jordy & I visited Bukit Chandu ( the war museum ) while Dora had a much needed rest at home. We had thought we might go to Santosa but it really has been too hot this last week to do anything too much in the open. The museum was well set out and I am keen to visit other wartime memorials next visits.

Couldn't let my last night go by without making Tuna Salad for my family and we have now had a very relaxing evening writing thankyou cards on behalf of Jordy, and because wee babe has for once gone straight to sleep after evening feed we have had ice cream and parents extroidinare are even able to watch an episode of Gilmore Girls! Dora even managed to do a blog! Usually at this time we are cuddling, singing and playing the piano, trying to settle the wee darling.

I always knew that I would love being a Grandma but didn't really realise how much one tiny little baby could steal my heart.

Jordy darling I am yours forever and ever. Take good care of your Mum & Dad for me and your Singapore Grandma & Grandad. I can't wait for you to start blogging!!

No comments: