Friday, October 3, 2008

Thank Goodness for Technology


It has now been 13 days ( and 5.2 hrs ) since I have held wee Jordie, but thanks to technology I know that he is growing ... wearing the wee sun hat that didn't fit him a wee while ago.. .almost smiling...taking trips to places I know - with his adventurous mum....being grumpy and not settling sometimes...listening to his mum's piano playing ...and today I even know that David is looking forward to his family meeting him for a business lunch!
How wonderful!
I am especially proud of Dora. I almost remember how much energy & confidence it takes to be out & about. It's all about the little things and Dora & Jordy are experiencing the magic of "each day"
How wonderful!
The day to day journals through blogs and David's wee suprise text messages are so heart warming. As is the sharing of photos with my friends. They have been especially comaradie & very interested about Singapore ( especially my food photos!! - sometimes I have to bring them back to the exercise - i.e. looking at Jordy! ) Margaret & Celia are especially spontanious in their delight at wee Jordy's changes and eagerly await Dora's blog messages.
How wonderful!
I can keep in touch with Jordy's wider family through his Grandad's very informative blog sites.
I can see Jordy's inclusiveness in this loving family and feel very comforted.
How wonderful!
I even know that Nick has recently rented out his house ( the one up my street that future Jordy's will be accommadated - no pressure Nick!!!!) and that there is a hen in residence and the garden is being looked after.
How wonderful!
So even though my wee family is far away and their photos sit, as mementos of a time, stilled , I am not so alone.

3 comments:

pilgrimparent said...

Thank goodness indeed! :-)

DT said...

And thank goodness for another wonderful technological breakthrough - the musical fridge magnet!

Tonight Jordy woke with a start and cried like a forsaken king in a rainstorm. Then he heard the heartening tune of Scotland the Brave ringing out from the wee bagpipes fridge magnet. After that everything was all better.

Unk Dicko said...

I have been invited officially as a SILVER AWARD AMBASSADOR for the Council of 3rd Age Silver Awards Blogging C'ships...next month.A major part of my role is to inspire other seniors,retirees about using infocomm and technology in their daily life.
This blog post of yours, Maree, is a superb introduction to the talks I'm expected to give to the public.
ps: wee Jordy is enchanting!