Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's Official I'm Addicted To Blogging!


For the past few nights I've been trying unsuccessfully to post a few pix from my trip to Auckland but it's taken me as many hours as it took to fly there! Emailed Blog Expert Grandpa Ukelele and even his clear instructions didn't help - my images just kept turning into gobbledeedook but he did advise me not to pull my hair out, and since I spend quite a bit of money trying to keep it groomed I decided I should take his advise. To Keep trying....so I am posting this through Picasa and still not sure if it will work! Aleady the photos are proving a challenge!

Anyway - on with my story.
I now know I am truly addicted to my D.I.L's wonderful blogging cos 4 days away from tuning in was very hard. All the way home I was anticipating turning on the lap top and as soon as I arrived home I was hoping to catch up on wee Jordy's days. Sure enough there he was beaming away as he watched his daddy dance, and then looking adorable at his wee outing to the beach. So WONDERFUL! And I can't believe how much he changes day to day. Honestly, I can't express how much pleasure Dora's writing gives me. ( No pressure darling - heehee - I really don't expect one every day. Promise. )

So Auckland...
Our conference was at Takapuna, and it was a little visit through memory lane. We lived there when Nick was just a wee baby, not much older than Jordy is now and I couldn't believe that the Ownership Block where we lived was still exactly the same. Nick & I used to spend all our days walking through Takapuna to the beach. And the beach is still lovely. The weather was unexpectadley cold but it was still nice to walk along the sand reliving those times when my life revolved around my delightful little baby.




Rangitoto In the Distance

It was a great Conference with lots of very good speakers, but in between learning how to be motivated, and not have a morning cuppa until I've swum 10 laps every morning, how to recognise bullying in the workplace, how to fire someone, how to recognise my personality type and how to be a humble manager I took a break during the "how to find true happiness" session and took a bus ride into greater Auckland to visit two of my favourite shops: Boarders and Groovy Records. True Happiness Indeed!!! Especially as Boarders was having a 40% sale. House of Cards & The Complete Series of Cracker should see me through any chilly spring nights and I was in very True Happiness Mode when the helpful man at Groovy Records found me Spanish Apartment! Groovy Records hadn't changed in 34 years either although it is now going into recevership. Let's hope someone can take it over cos it's an old NZ icon.

Then back to the Conference to find out how Changing Your Style of Clothes can Change Your Life! We also had two very fun nights dining & dancing. And I still managed to catch up with my good friend Robyn.

So, as Conferences go, it was a very successful time but it was so good getting home to tune into all wee Jordy's happenings.

Well, am about to push the Publish Post Button and if it doesn't work I promise not to pull my hair out! Dora has set a good example. If a busy mum can take the time, so can an old Granny!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good trip north but always good to get back to Sunny Dunedin ay
- DT

Unk Dicko said...

I knew straight away your HAIR is intact when I saw the clear pics on the post.
Well Done Maree!

Grandpa Ukulele