Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Hooked On A Feeling"


This morning was too lovely to not be out enjoying the day so with my trusty best mate i.e my MP 3 player switched to one of my very favourite songs - "More Than A Feeling" ( and singing my own version - "Hooked on a Feeling" I set off to Signal Hill lookout.

The climb up my hill was just the beginning of the steep climb to my destination and by the time I was half way up my wee player started playing "Eight Miles High" which seemed very appropriate. I passed a wee Asian fellow attempting to cycle up and gave him the thumbs up as encouragement cos he looked as though he was finding the going quite tough.

When I'd nearly reached the top I was heartened to see a young couple pushing their little toddler in a pushchair coming back down the hill. I really wanted to take their photo to show D&D that this is something we can do with Jordy when he comes over - but promise I didn't - that wouldv'e been just too cheeky!


The walk was well worth it. Due to the haze the pix aren't very clear but the view was magic. It was very still and best of all I had this beautiful spot all to myself. So I sat for awhile just reflecting on this beautiful city and how lucky I am to be able to enjoy it.


On the way down the views were incredibly beautiful too and I passed my wee Asian friend who had left his bike somewhere and was going to make it to the top by foot. I was pleased he was going to get to the top after all.


I was still "hooked on a good feeling" for the rest of the day and managed to get the lawns done and the car washed no prob..... and relax with my cousies at Andy Bay, it's amazing how a wee walk on a beautiful day can blow away the cobwebs of the working week!







1 comment:

DT said...

Those photos of the view from Signal Hill bring back vivid memories...I can even remember individual trees! Wonder if Jordy will feel the same about Telok Blangah Hill!