Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Re Introducing Finnigan Ross Buckley



There is one wee lad here at the bottom end of New Zealand who can't wait to meet his little cousin Jordy. Finnie has been the "baby" of our family now for nearly eight years and he really likes the idea that a real wee babe has joined the clan.

Finnie lives a long 3 hour drive away from me, so especially in the winter, when the roads here are quite challenging, I don't get to see him as often as I'd like but we have lots of chats on the phone and last night he was very keen to hear all about Jordy....

".......Auntie Maree how old will Jordy be when I'm 12?" ( this is the age that Finn plans to be when he visits Singapore ) - ( I could almost see him picturing this idea in his head and how his holiday might pan out! )
".......Auntie Maree how old will Jordy be when I'm 15?" -me - nearly the age you are now - ( ah, I could hear him thinking ...that sounds workable! )
".......Really! " he comes back with very excited, " then I can take him to the pictures....I hope he'll like action movies like me cos they're my favourites, and do you think he'll like playstations!"
".......Auntie Maree, what about when I'm 18 and I'll probably have a car and I can take him for drives" I think he loved the idea of this visit best of all!


Finnie, being David & Nick's 1st cousin is of course Jordy's 2nd cousin but we have told him Singapore's culture whereby older people are referred to as "Uncle." He thinks being called Uncle would be "really cool!"

I told Finnie that when Jordy is a little older it would be nice for me to get a special connection to my computer so I could read my wee Grandson a bedtime story but that I would have to stay up really late cos of the big time difference in Sing. Finnie came up with a solution straight away -

".......Auntie Maree, you don't have to stay up late 'cos Jordy will still have to have an afternoon nap for ages & ages and you can read the bedtime story then, you can just tell him it's night time cos he won't know!"

What a bright little button.

Finnigan & I are now counting down for Big Nick's arrival at Xmas. He still talks about the wonderful times he had when David & Dora visited last Xmas. He loved being out and about enjoying the great outdoors with his cousies. He especially loved playing the piano with Dora. He hasn't seen Nick for well over two years and he's betting that Nick won't be able to pick him up any more, now that he's nearly 8! I told him not to bet on it.


Finnigan thinks wee Jordy is "really cute" and he loves that they both have the same middle name. He thinks that's really special - as is my darling Finnigan. The best nephew in the whole wide world.

2 comments:

Unk Dicko said...

Real charming young lad,I must say!
Can't wait to see Finnie taking little Jordy's hand and introducing him to the beauty of the south lands.

DT said...

I am sure Jordy and Finn will have many adventures together...including some Christmas holidays together like we had last year with rope swings to jump in the river and video games and lots of food. Wonder what they will buy each other for Christmas!