Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Perfect Sunday


It was another glorious day today, reaching 27 degrees!!!! We are supposedly coming in to winter...it is such a bonus to have the lovely weather continue.
After my usual walk to Ross Creek, I loaded up the car with pea straw and had a great time bedding the garden down for the winter ( if it ever comes! )

Then off to relax for the rest of the day..

Celia & I had a lovely lunch at Cafe Rue. There are so many places to "cafe" in here now & I've hardly been to any of them. As my wee Grandson seems to be a real Cafe Boy already I've a lot of catching up to do. So I am researching for his visits here & have quite a few places ready to go. As well as Cafes - The Dunedin Chinese Gardens is definately on the list of Must Dos.

The Gardens commemorate the contribution Chinese people have made, and continue to make to Dunedin history, culture & ongoing prosperity. They took over 8 years to make ( prefabricated in Shanghai ) and Celia & I picked a perfect day to visit. With the bright blue sky & warm gentle breeze we really felt in holiday mode.
The young man at the entrance was in Chinese Silk costume & I was dying to tell him how my wee Grandson had a suit exactly the same ( did he want to see a photo !) but I refrained -PROMISE! Celia knows me very well cos she knew exactly what was at the tip of my tongue! hee hee.






We could just imagine how Jordy will have such a wonderful time here giving us the run around. There are little bridges & granite mountains to climb & 2 wee boys were having a wonderful time in a little "hideout cave"






Like all Chinese Gardens it is a very peaceful serene place to spend time. Celia & I both bought a years pass. It will be beautiful in all weathers. Celia commented on how lovely it will be in the mist & it will be sureal to go in the twighlight. The Gardens are a wonderful asset for Dunedin and a credit to everyone involved.

No comments: