Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mah Jong Evenings

Every wee while Jenny, Libby, Cath & I get together to spend a few hours playing Mah Jong. It's a good chance to catch up with each other and a wonderful way to relax after a hard working day. We've been playing for a couple of years now and my friends are very patient with me as I struggle with my Pungs & my Chows - the Winds and the Dragons.
Last night I was very excited as I thought I was producing a winner - ( I've taken out the tile that didn't quite fit anywhere! ) You can see I was almost there!
My Singapore Family would think us hilarious as this game is supposed to be very fast but I have to admit that sometimes we even forget whose turn it is! Still, the chatter and the friendship runs freely. And one day, who knows, one day I may call "Mah Jong" and it will be true!

2 comments:

DT said...

Jordy is getting quite good at Mahjong. A lot of lucky winds.

Unk Dicko said...

That's not too bad a hand Maree. Just one more "Chi" or even a sacrificial "pong" and u are on the way to grab the winner!