Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Springtime


Well, now that the painting is more or less done it's time to get into Garden mode.
Dunedin Springtime can be Four Seasons In One Day so we have to be extra vigilant in monitoring weather reports if we want to do outside stuff. I remember Dora was perplexed, when she first came to NZ as she couldn't understand why we kiwis were fixated on the weather. Well, she soon became as anal as the rest of us....perched in front of the tele...& calling to me in the kitchen..."Maree, the weather!" What we Southerners learn to do though, is just shrug our shoulders & get on with it.
So, I have begun my planting out for Summer although I am keeping tomato plants inside for just a little longer. The temperatures this November can range from 3 - 20 degrees in one day!
I have been shoveling horse manure into the garden & hopefully this weekend I'll be able to plant out some vegies ( maybe silverbeet, lettuces, rocket, strawberries ) I already have rubarb & radish growing. I'm not really a vegie grower, it's usually pot luck. All my roses are about to burst into flower though. Then I just have to hope that we don't have a huge downpour to spoil the show. I guess that's one of the nice things about gardening here...it keeps you always hoping for the best!
Anyway, I wonder what wee Jordy will think of all our seasons - I can just imagine his little concentration frown as he feels the air. And, I wonder what he'll think of the Lawnmower!!!!

2 comments:

Unk Dicko said...

I won't be surprise he'll lord over the lawnmower. He seems to be forever pushing his carts and trolleys! Haha.

maree said...

Yes Dick ...I got that impression from the many photos, I hear he had a great time at your place the other weekend pushing a wee trolley - my friends are loaning me something for him to push.