Sunday, February 15, 2009

Millions of Memories







My little Grandson sent me a parcel this week. It was so lovely to see his full name on the package: Jordan Ross Turner Ye Jie ( He had even written his last name in Chinese Scribe but alas my computer doesn't do that yet. ) The parcel was SO big I thought he must have sent over his little music centre for me to play with! But no, he knew exactly what his Mama Maree would like. Real "old style" photos and a little " new style" machine that has so many pictures of his first 6 months programmed into its memory! His besotted Grandma can sit and delight in her little boy whenever she wants! Even at work! It's so much fun. At work I put it in calendar mode so it's sort of disguised as "office equipment" and here at home I have it on Slideshow Full Screen. I can also put in my own camera disc so I can add Nick & Finnie to my very special TV!!!
How Wonderful! Thankyou so much little Jordy.
Today I especially thought of you as Celia & I enjoyed a couple of hours at a Family Day Concert at the Gardens.
Check this wee fire engine out...isn't it great. In a few more months you would just LOVE to have a ride on this. See, it's called Little Flick. I'll teach you the song one day! Your big cousins would love this already.

It was a lovely sunny blue afternoon, one of those special Dunedin days, just right . And it was nice to see so many families out & about enjoying the day.

I am reminded how lucky we are....this pix was taken exactly a week ago from my home. The sky had an amazing purple haze and the air felt thick. The Australian Fires. So many families who have lost loved ones and everything they own. And their photos of memories gone forever.

1 comment:

Ferunk said...

Dear Mama,

I'm glad you like those pictures of me. Can't wait to take some more pictures with you when you come visit me!

xxoo
Jordy